Dental Materials - Strategy for NEET MDS & INI-CET
Dental materials is considered to be one of the most difficult subjects particularly due to its dry nature. In order to score well in this said subject, the students need to possess high comprehension and retention ability.
This article will cast light on:
- Past year question trend for NEET MDS
- Standard Textbooks for Dental Materials for NEET MDS and INI-CET MDS
- How to utilise MERITERS MDSPrep App to ace Dental Materials preparation for NEET MDS and INI-CET MDS
- Important Topics of Dental Materials for NEET MDS and INI-CET MDS
- Tips to Prepare for Dental Material: 3R Strategy
Past year question trend for NEET MDS:
Standard Textbooks for reference:
As the title suggests, the reference book is recommended solely for reference purpose. Do not waste time reading everything in detail from Standard Textbook for NEET MDS/INI-CET preparation.
How to utilise MERITERS MDSPrep App to ace Dental Materials preparation?
You complete Dental Material in a time frame of 10 days by judiciously making use of MERITERS MDSPrep App for NEET MDS & INI-CET Preparation. MERITERS Experts have compiled BYTES referring to standard textbooks by focussing on topics important from NEET MDS/INI-CET exam pattern. All important points and numericals have been compiled as GEMS on MERITERS App, so that students can read, retain and revise Dental Materials with ease.
Important TASKS to be complete in Dental Materials:
To cover the syllabus of Dental Materials in 10 days, it is not possible to study everything from Standard Textbooks. You need a selective study approach and strategy to ace Dental Material from an entrance exam point of view.
Thoroughly preparing the below listed TASKS under Guided Prep Section on MERITERS MDS Prep App will surely help you to answer most of the questions from Dental Materials in NEET MDS/ INI-CET.
- Mechanical properties and physical properties
- Impression materials-elastomers
- Casting failures and procedures
- Dental Cements
- Gypsum products
- Dental Amalgams
- Dental polymers
- Physical metallurgy
- Casting alloys
- Dental ceramics
- Other properties (thermal,optical and electrical)
- Rigid and hydrocolloids, gen comparison
- Dental waxes
- Materials and Processes for Cutting, Grinding, Finishing, and Polishing
- Casting investments and procedures
- Wrought alloys
- Bonding agents and composites
- Prosthetic polymers
- Emerging technologies and dental implants
- Dental Materials Image & Case Based
- Dental Materials Full Syllabus Test
Tips to Prepare for Dental Materials:
3R Strategy to prepare for Dental Materials are:
Read: Quickly go through the BYTES to understand the concepts and focus areas.
Retain: Revise the SYNOPSIS regularly to enhance memory.
Revise: Take subject-wise mock tests and keep revising the bookmarked questions.
Dental material is a subject that forms the basis of other dental subjects like conservative dentistry and prosthodontics, thus, preparing this subject will assist you in the preparation of the next two subjects more efficiently. We hope this blog will further assist you in preparing this subject meticulously.
Stay Tuned and Keep following MERITERS for regular updates!
Updated May 25, 2021.