NEET MDS 2021– The Exam Day Guidelines and Checklist
The essential information, requirements and instructions to be followed by those attending the NEET MDS 2021 exam to have a smooth experience at the exam centre are described in details as follows; Here we have described in detail about what to carry, what not to carry, do's and don'ts, and various exam day guidelines.
Wish you all the Best!
NEET MDS Exam Date: December 16th 2020.
|Allow Candidates to enter the examination centre and Commence Registration for the test
|Entry closes at Examination Center
|Grant access for Candidate Login
|Candidates log in to read instruction
|Exam Start Time
|Exam End Time
Guidelines for exam day of NEET MDS:
- Shift to a location close to your exam hall so as to avoid last-minute frenzy.
- Ensure adequate sleep and proper meal prior to reporting for the examination.
- Try to reach the exam center 2-3 hours prior to the exam time to avoid any kind of hassle.
Scheme of NEET-MDS 2021:
- NEET-MDS 2021 shall be conducted in a single day & single session as a computer based examination on 16th December 2020.
- The examination shall be a multiple choice questions test delivered using computers network (CBT) as per scheme prescribed.
- The exam comprises of 240 Multiple Choices, single correct response questions in English language only.
- Time allotted is 3 hrs.
- Every correct answer gets 4 marks while 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
- Candidates are required to download their admit card from the NBE website and affix firmly their latest passport size photograph in the space provided on the admit card.
The photograph must meet following specifications:
- Size of photograph : Minimum 35x45 mm (and not larger than the box printed on admit card for pasting the photograph) with at least 75% area on the photograph should be occupied with the face & head of the candidate.
- It should be a Colour photograph with white background.
- The photograph needs to display full front view of the face with a neutral expression. No Caps, Stethoscope, Goggles, Ornaments to be worn.
- The photograph should not have reflection or shadow on the face with red eyes.
- The photograph needs to be printed on a high quality paper with at least 600 dpi Resolutions.
- The photograph must not have kinks, scratches and stains.
TEST DAY PROCEDURES:
NBE shall be conducting the Social Distanced - Computer Based Test (SD-CBT) in safe and secure environment using touch free processes maintaining social distancing norms wherever needed.
|Reporting at Test Centre on Schedule Date & Time
|Security Check-in Process
|Registration for Test + Face ID Capture
- Entry of Candidates as per Time Slots given in the Admit Cards.
- Candidates are required to report at the ‘Reporting Counter’ of test venue at as per time indicated in their admit cards.
- To avoid crowding at the test venue entry, there will be staggered time slots for candidates to report.
- Candidates will be required to report at the exam venue as per the time slot informed via SMS on their registered mobile number one day prior to exam date.
- The reporting counter will close 30 minutes prior to the test start time.
- This will allow time for security checks, identity verification and checking in for examination.
- NBE/Test centre/Designated Agency/Staff on duty shall not be liable under any circumstances for delayed reporting and/or non presentation of mandatory documents.
Test Centre Location:
- Candidates are advised to familiarise themselves with the test centre locations at least one day prior to the examination day and ensure that they report for the exam as per scheduled time only.
- Please note that only the candidates who have been issued admit card will be allowed entry inside the examination centre premises subject to fulfilment of documentary requirements.
- Friends or relatives accompanying the candidates will not be allowed entry in the examination centre premises under any circumstances and will not be allowed to contact the candidate while the examination process is ongoing.
Barcode/QR Code Reader at Entry Points:
- The candidate will flash the admit card and ID proof for verification to the exam functionary standing across the table with barcode/QR code reader.
- Candidate shall be informed about the assigned lab number.
- At no time will the exam functionary touch any document of the candidate.
Use of Thermo Guns:
- All candidates will be checked at the entry point for fever with the thermo guns. In case, any candidate is observed to be having above normal temperature (> 99.14 Degree F) or displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 infection, he/she will be allowed to take the examination in a separate isolation lab.
- Identity checks will be made upon arrival at the test centre to ensure that there are no unauthorized candidates appearing for the exam.
Candidates MUST bring to the test centre the following documents:
- Printed copy of Barcoded/QR Coded Admit card with his/her photograph pasted on it.
Any one of the below mentioned Govt issued photo IDs (must be original and valid/non-expired):
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Card (with Photograph)
- In case, any candidate reports to the test center with e-Aadhaar Card with Aadhaar number printed on it as proof of identity, the eAadhaar Card should be a good quality colour print out with clearly visible photograph. The photograph should not have kinks, scratches and stains, and should definitely match with the candidate presenting the e-Aadhaar Card. Decision of NBE in this regard shall be final”.
- The name on the photo identification must match with the name as shown on the Admit Card. If name has changed due to marriage etc, candidate must show the relevant document to substantiate claim for change in name (Marriage Certificate/Divorcee Decree/ Legal Name Change Document/ Gazette notification for name change).
- Candidates without valid ID proof shall not be allowed to enter the examination premises.
- Unfair means case shall be registered against the candidates producing false/forged documents/ID Proofs.
Security at the test centre:
Candidates will not be allowed to take the following items beyond security check point under any circumstances:
- Any stationery item like textual material (printed or written), notes, Plastic Pouch, Calculator, Pen, Writing Pad, Pen Drives, Eraser, etc.
- Any electronic device like Mobile Phone, Bluetooth, Earphones, Microphone, Pager, wrist watch/Health Band, Calculator,
- Electronic Pen/ Scanner etc.
- All ornaments like bracelets, Ring, Earrings, Nose-pin, Chain/Necklace, Pendants, Necklace with pendants, Badge, Brooch etc.
- Other items like Wallet, Goggles, Handbags, Belt, Cap etc.
- Any eatable item opened or packed, soft drinks etc.
- Any other item which could be used for unfair means, for hiding communication devices like wireless/Bluetooth device, spy camera etc.
Candidates will be permitted to carry certain items with them to the examination lab:
- Face Mask
- Personal Transparent water bottle (The practice of water dispenser shall be discontinued in SD-CBT)
- Personal hand sanitizer in a transparent bottle (50ml)
- Exam related documents (Admit card, ID Card etc)
Please read the admit card carefully for items permitted to carry inside the examination centres.
- No arrangement will be made at the centres for keeping any articles/items belonging to the candidates. In case any candidate is found in possession of any of the barred items inside the centre beyond the security check point, it will be considered as use of unfair means and action will be taken against the candidate in accordance with the relevant provisions. To avoid any hardship candidates are advised not to bring prohibited items along with them at the test Centre.
- Frisking (Body pat as well as HHMD) will not be done while social distancing is in effect.
- Finger Biometrics of candidates shall NOT be captured at the time of registration for the test at test venue in SD-CBT. However,
- Photograph of the candidates shall be captured on the exam day at the centre. Face ID shall be verified at the time of registration for the test and at each bio-break. Candidates are requested to cooperate with this essential activity to avoid any cases of impersonation. This is a security feature which will ensure that only genuine candidate appear for the exam. Any candidate not adhering to the aforementioned security measures will not be allowed to take the test.
- After verification of ID and capture of Face ID, candidates will be escorted to the designated computer terminal at the test centre ensuring social distancing and a Invigilator will assist the candidate for check-in process of the test.
- Candidates are required to keep their admit card and photo identification with them at all times during the conduct of examination.
- Candidates are required to listen to the invigilator’s instructions to begin the exam. Each workstation will be blocked from three sides – front, left and right. Candidates are advised not to look around at other candidates as there will be surveillance cameras also that will record video.
- No rough paper for any rough work or pen shall be provided at the centre.
- Any suspicious or disruptive behaviour on part of the candidate may lead to cancellation of candidature.
- For any issues during the exam, candidate may raise his or her hand to notify Invigilator.
- In Manual Attendance, candidate signatures and Ink finger print shall not be done in SD-CBT.
- In case of any technical disruption during the test, rest assured that a registered candidate will get complete allocated examination time.
Being nervous is natural. It doesn’t mean that you don’t know anything. You may feel like you’ve forgotten a lot of things, but you will remember them as soon as you see your exam questions.
Do not focus on what you don’t know; take a look at what you already know. You will feel confident and learn new things along your way.
If you have willpower, courage, and determination- no one can stop you from becoming the person you aspire to be. Start believing your ability and success will come along.
We have seen your struggles and dedication for preparing for this exam. We at MERITERS are happy and proud we got a chance to help you prepare for your exam tomorrow.
You all are very brave and active. Always keep this spirit up. We wish you all the very best for your future endeavors.
MERITERS Team wishes all NEET MDS aspirants good luck for the Exam!
Updated Aug 25, 2023.