Tips to revise Medicine for NEET MDS with MERITERS GRP
Medicine is a vast and ever-expanding subject in NEET MDS Exam. The scope of Medicine is not just limited to the textbook.
The practical nature of medicine demands consistent effort and revision on part of the aspirant. Medicine requires a fair amount of study-time for best results in NEET MDS. This article will acquaint you on about various aspects of the subjects including your strategy for upcoming NEET MDS.
MERITERs GRP classifies this subject in to two parts to make it easier for the students in their revision.
- Medicine Part 1
- Medicine Part 2
Following is the list of most important topics covered under each part:
Medicine Part 1
Infectious disease carries good weightage in medicine. This topics also overlaps with General Surgery and Oral Pathology. In surgery you well know the surgical aspects of the treatment while in medicine the medical management is discussed. Make a habit of learning the various infection and treat each question like a clinical case and try reaching to the diagnosis and plan the treatment.Important topics from general medicine point of view are:
- Bacterial and viral infections (HIV, HBV, TB, Pneumonia, Syphilis etc.)
Central Nervous System -
- Bells Palsy and Other Syndromes
- Facial Palsy, Other Treatment Modalities
- Hoehn, yahr scale, Investigation, Treatment
GIT, Liver And Kidney -
- Acid Base Balance,
- Buffer System Of The Body
- Appendicitis & its Clinical Stages
- CONN'S SYNDROME
- DUBIN JOHNSON SYNDROME
- Helicobacter Pylori Infection
- Hepatitis A Virus (HAV)
- NEPHROTIC SYNDROME
- Renal Calculi
- Chronic renal failure
- Renal Failure
- Urinary Tract Infection, Pathogenesis, Diagnosis
Hematology And Endocrinology -
- Diabetes Mellitus, Chronic or Late Onset Complications of Diabetes Mellitus
- Clinical presentation of Diabetes mellitus
- Complications of Diabetes Mellitus
- Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (DIC), Diagnosis, Signs and Symptoms
- Hyperparathyroidism(ALSO RICKETS)
- Acute Leukemia
- Chronic Leukemia
- Miscellaneous Blood Disorder
- Tumor Lysis Syndrome
Medicine Part 2
- Bronchial Asthma
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Obstructive and Restrictive Disease
- Pneumonia - Description, Types and Pathology, Treatment, Complication and Prevention, Types, Signs and Symptoms
- Respiratory Failure
- Tuberculosis - Diagnosis, Tuberculin test, Management, Symptoms, pathogenesis, Types
Cardiovascular system -
- Heart Failure - Classification, Investigations
- Heart Sound Abnormality - Jugular Venous Pressure, Radial Pulse
- Infective Endocarditis
- Ischemic Heart disease - Angina and MI
- Myocardial Infarction - Clinical manifestations, Pain
- Valvular disease - Aortic Valve Disease, Mitral Valve Disease, Rheumatic Heart Disease, Tricuspid Valve Disease
Medicine - Image based and case-based questions
The images are provided in order to check your understanding. These questions might seem tricky and may even demand a detailed analysis. Yet these will turn out to be extremely beneficial. The tighter your grip over such image-based, visually answered questions, the higher are the chances of your success.
Medicine - Full syllabus test
This test renders you the opportunity to revise the whole syllabus thoroughly, in order to make sure that you revise all the previous tests thoroughly with their solutions. This test gives you good amount of repeats from previous 3 tests (Just like you get good amount of repeats in your NEET and AIIMS exams too).
Wish you all the best in your preparation!
Dr Shivam Bharadwaj,
MERITERS MDSPrep Team.
Updated Sep 16, 2020.