How to prepare Physiology for NEET MDS/INI-CET?
Physiology is an important topic when it comes to any Post Graduate Dental Entrance Exam, especially NEET MDS and INI-CET. The subject carries a high weightage in NEET MDS exam and the questions are more logical and analytical, thus, it is important to have a well-charted strategy on how you should approach Physiology.
This article will share Past Year Question Trend for NEET MDS, Recommended Standard Book for Physiology for Dental Students, Important Topics & Tasks, Tips & Tricks and Preparation Strategy on how you should approach NEET MDS Preparation for Physiology for NEET MDS.
Past Year Question Trend
Every year, about 8-12/240 MCQs are directly asked in NEET MDS.
Also, there is an overlap of physiology with clinical subjects like medicine and paraclinical subjects like pathology and pharmacology. So, a good working knowledge of physiology and a deep understanding of the concepts is going to help you in many questions in the exam, besides making you a better doctor overall.
Recommended Standard Textbook for Physiology:
There are a number of Physiology books available in the market but, do not get distracted into buying books promising shortcuts to clear the exams. While Standard books are a must-read, MERITERS MDS Prep Experts suggest reading Standard Textbooks only for NEET MDS & INI-CET MDS.
If you are a newbie dental student, just starting out with dental college, Physiology books by Indian authors for university exams will make the preparation process easy for dental students and ensure best results.
Study Material (Videos and Notes) for Dental Students:
From competitive exam point of view, when it comes to detailed information and Image Based Questions, it's not possible for students to study a lot of bulky books in detail due to time constraints. In order to save time and for the ease of students, MERITERS Expert Team has compiled BYTES and GEMS (High-yield videos and notes) referring standard textbooks which includes all important points and images pertaining to probable questions that can be asked in the competitive exams.
BDS 1st year students will also find MERITERS BYTES very useful. Below is a glimpse of Videos and Synopsis or Notes of important topics for Physiology for Dental Students. The Synopsis will help first year dental students to attempt theie University Exam Long and Short answer question easily.
Here is a list of other important topics from Physiology which we have compiled as TASKS under Guided Prep tab on MERITERS App to ease the preparation for students:
- GIT and Digestive Secretions
- Digestion and Its Regulation
- Transport of Gases and Oxygen Dissociation Curve
- Lung Volume and Capacities
- Regulation of Breathing and Respiratory failure
- Hypoxia, Surfactants and Miscellaneous
- Renal System
- Types of Nerve Fibres and Nerve Injury
- Muscle Spindle and Golgi Tendon
- Nerve Conduction and NM Junction
- Heart as a Pump
- Blood Pressure
- Cardiovascular Regulatory Mechanism
- Electrical Activity of Heart
- Blood Anaemia
- Receptors and secondary messengers
- Calcium Metabolism and Parathyroid gland
- Pancreatic Hormones
- Pituitary, Thyroid and Adrenal gland
- Cell Membrane and Transport Across Cell Membrane
- General Physiology and Body fluids
- Cell organelles and Extracellular Matrix
NEET MDS Physiology – Tips and Tricks
- Give time to Physiology during preparation.
- Start Early and get it over within the first phase of your preparation itself.
- If you have a good understanding of Physiology, you can even skip its revision.
- Do not mug up the concepts, concentrate on understanding concepts.
- This subject should not be done in a state of Panic because then you will do most wrong.
- Numerical based questions with easy calculations should be practiced well.
- It is advised that students club Physiology with Medicine to whatever extent possible to make learning effective and to save time.
While having your basics clear and building concepts is one aspect of an effective preparation strategy, it is also pertinent that students have to remember what they have read. To do this, students need to opt for some tricks; MERITERS Experts suggest learning by means of Mnemonics is an extremely effective way of learning.
You can follow our Instagram Page wherein we will be sharing interesting Physiology Mnemonics in the upcoming week.
NEET MDS Physiology – Preparation Strategy
1. Follow a Time-table.
2. Be well-versed with NEET MDS Exam Pattern.
3. Study Previous Year papers to get the hang of questions in the exam.
4. Most Important: Complete the topics in the Task Section on a priority basis.
At the end of the day, all that matters is that you keep marching ahead, one step at a time, towards that coveted dental post-graduate seat of your dreams!
Good luck and Happy Studying!
Stay Tuned and Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to receive regular notifications on our YouTube Community.
Updated Apr 03, 2021.