NEET MDS - How to prepare for General Surgery?
General Surgery is a significant subject from NEET MDS perspective since it forms the basis for Oral Surgery. You cannot go through the entire syllabus of General Surgery since you will tend to forget most of the information in this way. So, the best way to prepare General Surgery is Selective Approach. Given below is the list of standard books to refer & most important topics in General Surgery which can be used as the selective approach for preparing NEET MDS General Surgery.
Given below are the list of Questions MERITERS experts will answer that are essential for an effective and efficient preparation:
- What is the subject wise Weightage?
- Which Books to refer?
- How much Time should be allocated to the subject?
- How much Time should be allocated to each Topic?
- How many times should the subject be Revised?
- What is the Ideal time to Start the subject?
- What are the Important Topics for NEET MDS?
- Types of Questions asked?
What is the subject wise Weightage?
2-8/240 Questions (2%)
Standard books to refer:
How much Time should be allocated for the Subject?
- Theory reading – 4 Days
- MCQ Practice- 10-15 Days
How much Time should be allocated to each Topic?
- Theory reading – 3-4 Hours
- MCQ Practice- 6-8 Hours
How many Times should the subject be Revised?
- 4-6 times revision is required
What is the Ideal time to Start the subject?
- 3rd quarter of the preparation
- After completing 13-15 subjects
General Surgery - Important Topics
|Diseases Of Salivary & Thyroid Glands||
|Cleft Lip And Palate||
|Swellings, Ulcers and Tumors of Head and Neck||
Swellings, Ulcers and Tumors of Head and Neck
|Diseases Of Larynx And Pharynx||
|Transfusion, Shock, Burns And Wound Healing||
|Arterial And Venous Disorders||
What Type of Questions were asked in NEET?
- Case Based
- Fact Based (Memory)
- Concept based
- Numerical/Value Based
2. Image based questions
3. True or false type questions
Please watch the above featured video for more detailed explanation about this article.
We hope this blog will assist you in preparing this subject meticulously for MDS entrance exams.
Keep Following MERITERS!!
Updated Feb 07, 2021.