NEET MDS - How to Prepare for Oral Radiology?
The subject of Oral Radiology carries a lot of significance particularly due to its high weightage in the NEET MDS exam. Oral Radiology is considered to be the heart of dentistry. Many students consider Oral Radiology to be a major roadblock towards their success in the NEET MDS exam, owing to its extensive syllabus. In such a scenario, it becomes pertinent for students to make use of selective learning. To do that, students need to identify the important topics of the subject by thoroughly analyzing and interpreting previous year NEET MDs exam papers.
In order to make the task of students simpler, we have compiled a list of standard books to refer & most important topics from the subject. The article will also share some tips and tricks to help students to ace the NEET MDS exam with flying colours.
Given below are the list of Questions MERITERS experts will answer that are essential for an effective and efficient preparation:
- What is the subject wise Weightage?
- Which Books to refer?
- How much Time should be allocated to the subject?
- How much Time should be allocated to each Topic?
- How many times should the subject be Revised?
- What is the Ideal time to Start the subject?
- What are the Important Topics for NEET MDS?
- Types of Questions asked?
What is the subject wise Weightage?
10-16/240 Questions (5%)
Standard books to refer:
How much Time should be allocated for the Subject?
- Theory reading – 1-2 Days
- MCQ Practice- 1 week
How much Time should be allocated to each Topic?
- Theory reading – 2-3 Hours
- MCQ Practice- 6-8 Hours
How many Times should the subject be Revised?
- 4-6 times revision is required
What is the Ideal time to Start the subject?
- 2nd quarter of the preparation
- After completing 6-8 subjects
- Basic Radiation Physics
- Biological effects of Radiation
- Radiation safety and protection
- Extraoral radiography Part - 2
- Types of films and artifacts
- X ray film processing and Artifacts
- Intraoral radiography and Projection geometry
- Extraoral radiography Part - 1
- Radiographic Diagnosis
- Oral Radiology Image & Case Based
- Oral Radiology Full Syllabus Test
What Type of Questions were asked in NEET?
- Case Based
- Fact Based (Memory)
- Concept based
- Numerical/Value Based
2. Image based questions
3. True or false type questions
Please watch the above featured video for more detailed explanation about this article.
We hope this blog will assist you in preparing this subject meticulously for MDS entrance exams.
Keep Following MERITERS!!
Updated Jun 09, 2022.