Notification: Dental Council of India
The DCI has issued COVID-19 guidelines to take all possible measures to prevent transmission, reduce the impacts of the outbreak and support control measures.
- Professional Educational Institutions have been asked to close completely or asked to suspend classes and offer various learning resources, technology platforms and innovative teaching approaches.
- Dental Colleges are advised to take essential steps and put up the necessary schedule and structure in place so that the faculty are able to engage in online teaching to the dental students and complete the curriculum through remote teaching.
- The Institution/FacuIty may document the details of classes taken, the students engaged, the percentage of attendance, assignments given and their assessment.
- The Heads of the Institutions of Dental Colleges may develop standardised video demonstration materials using various virtual platforms for all dental students.
- The Heads of the Institutions of Dental Colleges should facilitate and provide access to E-Iibrary facility to all dental students.
- During this period, it is easy for students to be affected by disease associated fear and pressure, dental colleges should be prepared to provide professional psychological services to those who need them.
- All Interns may not have the opportunity to complete their compulsory rotary one year internship in compliance with regulations due to the prevailing health emergency conditions.
Covid-19 Clinical Guidelines for Dental Students and Interns:
- Understand the basics of infection control and apply them at all times of clinical care.
- Take proper patient history with regard to fever, cough and travel prior to initiation of all dental procedures.
- Report any patient with positive history for further medical attention
- Disinfect your dental chair, use sterile instruments and maintain hand hygiene at all times as per Institutional protocol.
- Wash your hand with soap or use hand sanitizers frequently as per WHO guidelines.
- If one has signs of fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, inform your concerned faculty and seek medical attention and well in advance.
- In case you, yourself are having a history of Fever, Cough and difficulty in breathing visit your doctor and report the same to your faculty.
- Maintain proper records and update regularly.
- Don't Panic rather spread awareness among communities.
- Interns should complement all dental services in the Institute and assist in all activities after adequate training.
- Recording detailed Case history and Identification of vulnerable age groups
- Participate in capacity building and training for basic COVID-19
For Official Notification Link by DCI: Click here
Updated May 25, 2021.