Tips to revise Public Health Dentistry for NEET MDS with MERITERS GRP
Public Health Dentistry earlier known as Community dentistry is one of the upcoming fields in dentistry. With India’s basic healthcare and oral hygienic needs yet to be met, this subject is very lucrative.
However, it is a very dry subject and monotonous. So students often put it out for last and avoid it.
This article will share with you all with the Tips to Prepare Public Health Dentistry for NEET MDS:
Following are the list of important topics under part 1 & 2;
Public Health Dentistry - Part 1
- Data variables and scales
- Measures of central tendency
- Distribution Normal and skewed
- Probability and odds
- Statistical test
- Correlation and regression
- Errors and P value
- Introduction to concept of health and objectives of achieving health
- Concept of control and causation
- Programme and Types of evaluation
- Levels of prevention
- Terminologies in disease pattern
Measures in epidemiology
- Measures in epidemiology ; Qualitative and Quantitative data
- Classification of epidemiological studies
Epidemiology of various disease
- Classification of Indices
- PHP and PDI index
- Russel's index
- Dean's Index
Public Health Dentistry - Part 2
Caries Activity Tests
- Topical fluoride
- Systemic fluoride
- Fluoride toxicity
- Historical background
- Different methods of waste disposal
- Hospital waste management
Oral hygiene Methods
- Principles of health education
- Typical dentrifices components
- Brushing Techniques
Dental health education
- Educational aids used in health education
- Group discussion
Dental Fee payment - Different mechanism of fee payment
Auxillary health workers
- Classification of health auxillaries
- Registered auxillaries in India
Forensic odontology, jurisprudence and Ethics
Public Health Dentistry- Image based and case-based questionsThe images are provided in order to check your understanding. These questions might seem tricky and may even demand a detailed analysis. Yet these will turn out to be extremely beneficial. The tighter your grip over such image-based, visually answered questions, the higher are the chances of your success.
Public Health Dentistry - Full syllabus test
This test renders you the opportunity to revise the whole syllabus thoroughly, in order to make sure that you revise all the previous tests thoroughly with their solutions. This test gives you good amount of repeats from previous 3 tests (Just like you get good amount of repeats in your NEET and AIIMS exams too).
Wish you all the best in your preparation!
Dr Shivam Bharadwaj,
MERITERS MDSPrep Team.
Updated Sep 24, 2020.