Microbiology : Strategy For NEET MDS / INI-CET 2021/22
Microbiology is a vast subject with detailed information to remember. In order to master this subject it is important to solve recent past year medical(NEET PG and INI CET) as most of the questions are repeated directly from there in NEET MDS Examination.
In order to guide you in your preparation of Microbiology, MERITERS Expert have compiled this article which will provide insights from the perspective of NEET MDS Exam.
Expected number of questions in NEET-MDS from Microbiology is 7-10/240.
Past Year NEET MDS Question Weightage:
- 2016: 2 Questions
- 2017: 7 Questions
- 2018: 10 Questions
- 2019: 10 Questions
- 2020: 9 Questions
- 2021: 6 Questions
Recommended Standard book:
Ananthanarayan and Paniker's Textbook of Microbiology
From competitive exam point of view, it is important to solve at least past 5 year questions from NEET MDS , INI-CET and NEET PG. In order to save time and to make it easy for students, we have compiled Bytes referring standard textbooks in such a way that it makes it easy for students.
As the competitive exam pattern has shifted from cramming to conceptual based questions, we have divided the MICROBIOLOGY syllabus into tasks based on most important and frequently asked topics in the competitive exams.
- Culture Media
- Complement Pathway
- General Characteristics of Bacteria
- General Characteristics of Viruses
- Mycology and Parasitology
- Bacteriology Part-1
- Bacteriology Part-2
- Types of microscopy
Best approach to prepare for the subject MICROBIOLOGY using MERITERS app is by:
- Prioritizing the topics mentioned in the Tasks.
- Going through the Videos and Synopsis under BYTES section on the MERITERS MDS Prep App in the Microbiology section under the Category Subject.
- Retaining the high yield points mentioned in the GEMS under the BYTES section in the MERITERS MDS Prep App.
- Solving MCQs based on those topics under QBank and Test Series.
- Selective study and Past Year question is the key to solve MICROBIOLOGY questions easily.
- Four times revision is a must for this subject.
Applying the approach mentioned in this article will help you solve majority of the questions meticulously from Dental Anatomy in NEET MDS.
For detailed summary of Must Study Topics from Microbiology Click here
Stay Tuned for More Updates!
Keep Following MERITERS!!
Updated Feb 27, 2021.