Strategy for Oral Surgery for NEET MDS/INI-CET
Oral and maxillofacial surgery, is the most demanded speciality among MDS aspirants. In order to assist you in your preparation journey, MERITERS has bring forth this blog to acquaint you with the books to read, important topics and weightage to be covered in this subject.
Previous Year NEET MDS Analysis:
Standard Textbooks for Oral Surgery:
To master Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, it is necessary to stick to Foreign author textbooks as mentioned below. However, considering the short span of time and exam pressure in Final year BDS, we recommend you to refer the textbook of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery by Indian Authors Dr. Neelima Malik and S. M. Balaji.
Considering the short time span available for NEET MDS Preparation, it is difficult to go through different standard textbooks and prepare notes. In order to save time and for the ease of students, we have compiled BYTES (High-Yield Videos) and Notes associated with it. All our content have been prepared by referring standard textbooks only, which includes all important points and images pertaining to probable questions that can be asked in the competitive exams.
Important Topics for Oral Surgery:
Pertaining to the vast syllabus of Oral Surgery, it is not possible for students to read everything in detail. Keeping that in mind, MERITERS Experts have created Tasks based on Important topics from NEET MDS and INI-CET point of view.
- Local Anaesthesia
- Treatment of Mandibular Fractures
- TMJ Diseases
- Middle Third Fractures
- Classification of Fractures
- Distraction Osteogenesis
- Treatment of Cysts and Tumors
- Preprosthetic and Orthognathic Surgeries
- Medical emergencies in dentistry
- Maxillary Sinus Disease
- Orofacial and Odontogenic Infections
- Miscellaneous part 1
- Miscellaneous part 2
Best approach to prepare for Oral Surgery:
- Prioritizing the topics mentioned in the Tasks.
- Going through the Videos and Synopsis under BYTES section on the MERITERS MDS Prep App in the Oral Surgery section under the Category Subject.
- Retaining the high yield points mentioned in the GEMS under the BYTES section in the MERITERS MDS Prep App.
- Solving MCQs based on those topics under QBank and Test Series.
- Applying the approach mentioned in this article will help you solve the majority of the questions meticulously from Anatomy in NEET MDS and INI-CET!
A minimun of 3 readings are necessary to ace your preparation.
Dedicatedly preparing the above mentioned topics will assist you in answering the majority of questions from Oral Surgery in your entrance exam.
Stay Tuned and Keep Following MERITERS!
Updated Mar 26, 2021.