NEET MDS - How to prepare for Orthodontics?
Orthodontics is a very high yielding topic in NEET MDS exam. Becoming an orthodontist is a dream for many aspirants and thus, is a highly demanded specialty among the PG aspirants. A definite schedule along with dedication is all you need while preparing this subject in order to crack NEET MDS Exam. This article will acquaint the aspirants with the list of standard books to refer & most important topics in Orthodontics and tips for preparation.
Given below are the list of Questions MERITERS experts will answer that are essential for an effective and efficient preparation:
- What is the subject wise Weightage?
- Which Books to refer?
- How much Time should be allocated to the subject?
- How much Time should be allocated to each Topic?
- How many times should the subject be Revised?
- What is the Ideal time to Start the subject?
- What are the Important Topics for NEET MDS?
- Types of Questions asked?
What is the subject wise Weightage?
11-19/240 Questions (5%)
Standard books to refer:
How much Time should be allocated for the Subject?
- Theory reading – 2-3 Days
- MCQ Practice- 10 Days
How much Time should be allocated to each Topic?
- Theory reading – 3-4 Hours
- MCQ Practice- 8-10 Hours
How many Times should the subject be Revised?
- 4-8 times revision is required
What is the Ideal time to Start the subject?
- 1st quarter of the preparation
- After completing 3-4 subjects
Orthodontics – Important topics
|UNIT||MOST IMPORTANT TOPICS|
|Growth And Development||
|Development Of Dentition||
|Etiology Of The Malocclusion||
|Occlusion & Classification Of Malocclusion||
|Biomechanics - Tooth Movement||
|Preventive & Intereceptive Orthodontics||
|Removable And Fixed Appliances||
|Myofunctional & Orthopedic Appliances||
What Type of Questions were asked in NEET?
- Case Based
- Fact Based (Memory)
- Concept based
- Numerical/Value Based
2. Image based questions
3. True or false type questions
Please watch the above featured video for more detailed explanation about this article.
We hope this blog will assist you in preparing this subject meticulously for MDS entrance exams.
Keep Following MERITERS!!
Updated Feb 07, 2021.